Monday, June 12, 2006

On the road again...

Okay, this is going to be a quick post again, folks. I have to get up tomorrow at 5:30 a.m. to catch a charter back to Raleigh.
Here's my rambling thoughts after tonight's game.
- If Carolina doesn't get caught up in all of the excitement, its going to win the Stanley Cup on Wednesday.
- The Edmonton Oilers need to find a way to score on the power play to prolong this series.
- I firmly believe the Oilers would have been in the same position even with Roloson in net. Markkanen has done an admirable job.
- Rexall Place and RBC Centre have to be two of the loudest rinks I've ever been in.
- I literally got goosebumps on the back of my neck when I heard the Oilers crowd singing the national anthem for the first time in Game 3. It's an experience I won't soon forget.
- The Staal family is bound to become hockey royalty. Jordan was at the game tonight and he looks like he has the maturity to step right in and handle the media pressure.
- My vote for Conn Smythe? Rob Brind'Amour.
- Most underrated player in the playoffs? How about Cory Stillman, who got two points last night.
- If Carolina wins the Cup, I'm going out on the ice and nothing is going to stop me from getting my picture out there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey CBC Guy! I am looking for one of your CBC co-horts (or maybe it was you) who took a picture of my husband and his work partner (both are wearing Edmonton Police Service uniforms) on centre ice at Rexall Place shortly after game 4. The fellow snapped a digital picture with his camera/PDA phone and promised to email the picture to my hubby, but I am trying to intercept it so that I can get it printed and framed for Father's Day.

Can you sleuth it out for me and post your findings back up here with a way that I can get ahold of the picture.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home