Friday, May 12, 2006

Up and at 'em

Okay, I'll admit it. It's been awhile since my last post. But I have a good excuse. I've been travelling.
The life of an associate producer during the 2006 playoffs is about being on the road. People were talking sweep in Buffalo on Thursday, but the Sens surprised everyone in taking Game #4. What that meant was more work for me.
After I packed up and spent about 20 minutes waiting for the media elevator (I swear it's one of the slowest in the league), I hopped in a car with producers Sherali Najak and Jim Hough for a drive back to Toronto.
Jim, if you're reading this, I just want to let you know nobody drives 100 km on the 401. The transport trucks were even passing us.
Jim dropped me off in front of my apartment around 1 a.m., but I didn't have a long sleep. I woke up around 7 a.m. for my flight to Ottawa in two hours.
No rest for the weary, right?
When we landed, producer Elliotte Friedman, cameraman Mark Punga and I drove to Scotiabank Place for a couple of interviews -- one sitdown -- to feed back to the plant in Toronto. The day for Punga and I ended around 5 p.m. We were so tired that we had trouble keeping our eyes open driving back to our hotel. Needless to say, I had a long nap. Actually, maybe too long. I got up around 9 p.m. and now I'm wide awake.
Maybe I'll take a sleeping pill...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home