Monday, May 01, 2006

WOOHOO

If you heard someone yelling at 10:30 p.m., I'm sorry that was me.
I couldn't contain myself after Ales Hemsky scored with 1:06 remaining in the game.
I wasn't convinced the Oilers could eliminate the top team in the NHL tonight. I was so sure, I did all of my laundry and packed my suitcase in anticipation of flying to Detroit tomorrow. I was pencilled in to do the game at Joe Louis on Wednesday.
I will gladly unpack after watching that third period. I normally don't get excited over hockey games, but I was on the edge of my seat for that one. When Hemsky scored, my heart jumped. It's nice to see the Oilers finally get into the second round. I've never worked a game at Rexall Place, but I would love to have the chance. Apparently, the crowd is deafening.
Now, after spending the past month totally involved in work, I have a little time off until the start of the conference semis. I'll head into the Toronto office to do a little paperwork and catch up on my travel expenses, but other than that, I'm going to sit back and enjoy my three days off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sirs: It seems CBC Sports is not taking into account the effect of crowd noise in their broadcasts. Sometimes, all we hear is a muted babble, because the modulated sound of the announcer's voice is over-ridden by the crowd noise. We'd almost be better off with no commentary at all! Please, either sound-proof the announcer's booth, or allow the announcers to monitor the volume controls, so we can hear the play-by-play. Thank you. W.N.Gramlich, Red Deer, Alberta.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they do that because they like to bury the announcers in the crowd. It makes you feel as if you were in the room, with the announcers... the exticement overcoming the moment with cheers from the crowd, as if you can't hear yourself speak, let alone the announcers. I like it.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home