Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Whew part II

Okay, if you read my last post, you know that I kind of left in the middle of a story. That's because my font operator, the legendary Ron Harrison Jr., just arrived in the truck as I was typing up my latest blog entry.
So...if you want the details on my airplane story and you just tuned in, read my latest post and this one.
As I was saying, customs officials were about the board the plane, which has never happened in my experience flying around the country.
Two huge men entered from the back, walked down till they reached a man just sitting one aisle up from me.
"Are you [insert name here]?" one of the burly men asked an unassuming 50-year-old gentleman who could easily pass for a tourist, complete with an ugly Hawaiian shirt.
"Yes," he replied.
"Let's see some identification."
The man complied, handing over his passport. When the customs officer was looking at it, he also noticed a photographer from a local newspaper grab his camera.
"Are you taking pictures?" the customs officer asked.
The photographer shook his head.
"Don't."
The customs officer turned his attention back to the man.
"You'll have to come with us," he said.
After getting his carry-on baggage up front, the two officers accompanied the man off the plane.
And that's the last he saw of him. I read the local paper and searched the web, but I found nothing about him.
I wonder where he is right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home