Monday, May 15, 2006

Bye, bye Ottawa

Well, I'm home now. I can't say the last two days have been very much fun for me. I caught a cold or flu or something on the way back from Buffalo and I've been battling it since.
I listened to the radio on the way to the airport yesterday and everyone has been cutting up the Senators. Well, I'm going to defend them.
Yes, they blew a sure win in Game 1. Yes, they've couldn't find a way to score at even-strength. And yes, Daniel Alfredsson looked awful in four of the series' five games.
But let's look at the positives in all of this. Three games went to overtime in the series and every one of them was decided by one goal. If it were not for a few twists of fate, the Senators could still be in this series.
By the way, what was Wade Redden thinking on that final goal? And Ray Emery. Jason Pominville's winner should have been just a routine play. There's no way he should have scored at that angle.
But Pominville's goal allowed me to take a few days off in preparation for the next round. I've been so busy, I don't know what to do with myself. This apartment of mine needs serious cleaning, but....that television looks so good right now.
Maybe I can watch something other than hockey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home