Sunday, June 18, 2006

Going back to Raleigh...Raleigh

Back on the road again...
I'm back on the road again...
I haven't seen my apartment in two months...
I haven't seen my darling for an extended period of time in two months...
But the finals have been a good experience....
I've experienced the loudest crowds I have ever heard in my short time working hockey...
I've met and talked to some influential people in and around the NHL...
Some things baffle me though...
How Carolina hasn't been able to win its fourth game?
How do reporters come up with new stories after six games of hearing the same rhetoric?
How did the Hurricanes keep Erik Cole's return so secret?
When during my period on the road did a plate of fries become a "healthy meal?"
If the Oilers DON'T win Game 7, I'm totally abandoning my belief in momentum.
At least, I'll know for sure the Stanley Cup is going to be presented on Monday. And, hopefully, I'll be on the ice or in the dressing room, bearing witness to a little hockey history.
I'll keep you updated.

1 Comments:

Blogger NailaJ said...

I just finished reading your whole blog, and let me tell you, this has got to be the absolutely funniest piece.
Probably because it's the post where we really truly understand how exhausted you must have been.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home