Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Game 5...

I was ready to jump on the ice. Oh yes, I was.
But Fernando Pisani threw a wrench in those plans, didn't he?
I mean, a short-handed overtime winner? Who would have thought...wait a minute that has happen before in this playoffs, hasn't it.
It doesn't matter than I had my bags all packed and ready for a trip home to Toronto. Now I'm convinced this series is going seven games. There's no way the Oilers can lose at home. Momentum is a huge advantage in the playoffs and Pisani's winner swung some of it in Edmonton's direction. In their mind, nobody expects them to win now so it's a matter of just playing....It's Carolina that has to win that deciding game.
The Stanley Cup was in the building, but I wasn't able to see it. I just missed it as it was being put back into its case.
So we're back to Edmonton now. We're off on the NHL charter at 7:15 a.m. tomorrow.
I'm getting real good at packing efficiently, I'll tell you that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home